A vibrant destination in the heart of the Valley of the Sun
James Tevault, Director of Sales at the Tempe Tourism Office joins us on the latest episode of Event TALK. James discusses how event and meeting planners benefit by utilizing the services of the Tempe Tourism Office, what sets Tempe apart from other destinations and how the city is evolving over the next few years.
Listen to Al Wynant and James Tevault discuss the following:
- How do you differentiate the Tempe Tourism Office from a Destination Management Company? Is there a distinct difference between what your organization offers versus a DMC?
- What are the benefits for a meeting or conference planner to be working with the Tempe Tourism Office?
- How does a planner typically initiate a relationship with the Tempe Tourism Office, and what do you need in order to develop a successful partnership with that planner?
- Being down the street from Tempe ourselves, we see so much happening. What are some of the highlights meeting and conference planners should be aware of?
- Looking at the future, how will Tempe continue to evolve, what will the landscape look like for meeting and conference planners 3 to 5 years from now?
- What are your top 3 selling points as to why meeting or conference planners should host their conferences and meetings in Tempe?
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
About our guest:
James Tevault joined the team at the Tempe Tourism Office as the Director of Sales in December of 2013. Mr. Tevault is responsible for the group sales team effort including, but not limited to corporate, associations, and sports. He is responsible for sales strategy execution, facilitating sales missions and appointment based events, familiarization trips, and site visits to generate leads for Tempe hotels and members.
Originally from Texas, Tevault has lived in the Phoenix area for 26 years. Prior to joining the Tempe Tourism Office he held the Director of Sales position at Visit Mesa for 6 years. With a combined 20+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry including ten years of hotel operations and sales in the East Valley cities of Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale, and Phoenix.
He is a dad to 3 amazing kids; two are recent graduates from Mesa High School. He has crossed the Ironman Arizona finish line in Tempe, AZ 3 times, most recently in November 2015. He is an ultra-marathoner completing 20+ events longer than 26.2 miles and a 2015 Leadville Trail 100 finisher.
Contact James Tevault: