How to prepare and effectively present, pitch and network during events and conferences
Today we are speaking with Ges Ray. He is an award-winning speaker specialized in training professionals and senior executives in all sectors on how to speak effectively, and confidently, in public. We are speaking with Ges on how you can prepare and effectively present, pitch and network during events and conferences.
Listen to show host Al Wynant and guest Ges Ray discuss the following:
- As meeting and event professionals, we have to speak and pitch almost every day. We also work with many speakers who are presenting at our conferences. How can event and meeting planners best prepare to speak or pitch? What can they do in advance to ensure their presentation or pitch is effective?
- Then turning it around, from a speaker perspective, how can meeting and event professionals best prepare for your presentation? What can they do to make you successful as a speaker?
- As meetings are attracting a wider and more diverse audience, how do you as a speaker insure that your message reaches all of your audience members, and not just a segment?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes a speaker can make while presenting, and how to avoid them?
- In your opinion, what are the best presentation tools for speakers to use? Are there any trends you see developing that will enhance the presentation experience for both the speaker and the audience?
- Jumping into networking, I’ve always looked at networking as a quick pitch opportunity, what tips can you share with our audience to prepare for networking and interact successfully at an event?
- Can you share your top 3 tips or best practices for public speaking and networking?
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Ges Ray’s background combines a career of public speaking with a 25-year financial services career, and subsequent small and medium enterprise based Business Development Manager roles in the UK, Europe and United States.
As a Member of the Professional Speaking Association – Ges offers an effective mix of business and presenting experience enabling the delivery of practical workshops that provide a toolkit for individuals and businesses to stand up and address clients, meetings confidently. We are speaking with Ges about just that topic, how we can prepare and effectively present, pitch and network during events and conferences.
Connect with Ges at email@example.com.